In order to expand students' career opportunities and increase research quality of the faculties and students, we co-operate with the Department of Environmental Biology and Fisheries Science to establish a Ph.D degree for 1 enrollment.
- Provides professional training to graduate students who will be capable to assess marine and ecosystem dynamics as well as make qualitative management decisions related to marine affairs after graduation.
- Provides an excellent academic training opportunity for students seeking professional positions in marine affairs and resources management as well as perusing their doctorate studies.
- Offers coursework and training in quantitative analysis, economic analysis, policy and decision-making.
- Courses: Combination of natural science and social science with theoretical and practical training.
- Literacy: Logical thinking, initiative learning, global vision and capability on problem solving.
- Ability: Competitive on marine affairs and resource with social care
Publications by the faculties:
- Chuang et al., Marine Resource Management (Theory and practice)
- Chuang et al., General Topics on Marine Affairs
Foreign students from over 13 countries – improve language communication and nurture global vision
- 2011-2014: Cross-strait Island Sustainable Development Forum, China
- 2014 - present: Marine Affairs and Coastal Management Summer Camp with Tokyo University and University of Rhode Island
- Student exchange: Nagasaki University, Japan; Ocean University of China, Xiamen University, China etc.
APEC Marine Conservation Forum; The 2nd ~4th Ocean and Taiwan Conference; students’ presentation in conferences
Students can develop their own (Chinese and foreign) communication skills through various seminars
On-site visits, governmental departments, field trips
Enjoy life at campus:
Christmas party, seafood festival, cross-culture activities
Facebook and Blog – we share the latest knowledge about everything related to marine affairs.
Ocean is our future. Welcome to join us!